Tuesday, March 24, 2009

You are so PHONEY!!

What does it mean to love? This is a question that I find myself continuously asking myself. It seems as though the older that I get, the more and more I find myself having to question the company in which I keep. A perfect example of this would be my transformation from freshman year of high school, up until my senior year. My freshman year at Hope, I was known for being this sweet and innocent girl. Then over time, that titled changed. Now I am more so known for being brutally nice. There are those that don’t like me, and then there are those that LOVE me. Love! This is a word that is used so wrongly in society today. I chose to talk about this subject because it is something that haunts my mind all the time, simply because I feel as though many of the people that have been claiming to care/LOVE me so much, are the ones in which are causing me the most heart ache. I understand that everyone has their own opinion about how LOVE can be defined, but this is how I see it. LOVE is unconditional. It is the word used to express the priceless affection one person may feel for another. Now with this being said, allow me to please state my issue… …people are “PHONEY.” PHONEY; meaning not genuine, false or spurious. I know that might sound a little over board, but it’s the truth. In my opinion, it is PHONEY to claim someone as your friend, to tell this person that you LOVE and care for them, but then you turn around and talk about them. That is PHONEY. In reality, no one person is better then the next. Of course we have those people that walk around feeling as though they are the hottest thing walking, claiming to be apart of some hypothetical world, in which they are just so popular. Once again, that is wrong. People might seem popular, but in actuality, they aren’t. In order to be considered popular, one must be liked by a vast number of people, nearly all. With that being said, how is it possible to have those people amongst us that separate people into groups, the LAMES people and the POPULAR people? I know that I have stated a lot today, I am simply expressing how I feel, because a lot of this goes on around me on a daily basis. So I am wrong for telling people how I feel, and disassociating myself with PHONEY people? Because I think not…

1 comment:

  1. this is a good blog, but it's like you have two different topics going on. one talking about love, phony, and how people look at you as a person. maybe you should just talk about one of those.

    ReplyDelete