Friday, March 20, 2009
*Long Distance Relationships*
Hello America, this is my own personal opinion of what generally happens in long distance relationships. The reason for this specific address on this topic is because there are alot of young adults going away to college in the fall of 2009, and some of which have been in a committed relationship with their high school sweetheart for quite a while. Well, the way I look at it is that a long distance relationship is rarely ever successful. My reason in saying this is because, no matter how much you love and trust someone, you can never be 100% sure about what that person is doing when they’re not around you, who they’ve been talking to, and/or what type of secrets that they may have hid, or are hiding! Anyone who is willing to continue a “committed” relationship that is long distance should understand that they are taking an emotional risk, and in my opinion basically you’re setting yourself up for failure! I've never been in a long distance relationship and I don't plan on being in one any time soon. "Long-distance relationships have a tendency to stretch trust limits and define how much you care. This can be a good, showing you're capable of things you didn't think you were. But it can be a bad thing, showing you things that you're capable of that you didn't think you were" says editor Jacquie Trump. The good side of a long-distance relationship is having the time to discover yourself without another person and having the time to get things done. The bad side: everything else. I think personally for me, if I feel like I need to discover more about myself, or "find" myself, then that means I need to stay single. If you don't know who you are, what it is you're looking for in a relationship, or what you want out of life, then how do you expect someone else to know? I also feel like if you don’t have love for yourself, then how are you going to be able to provide that for someone else?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment