This is Collective Creativity. Welcome to Chicago. Welcome to Englewood.
While I am ostensibly the leader of this endeavour, I have no doubt that the student contributors to this venture will be far more eloquent and articulate than I.
This project is an multimedia assignment of the AcaDec Collective at John Hope High School. Expect video, podcasts, commentary, photos, and (hopefully) a first-rate, critical take on the myriad issues facing youth in our city. Or at least more detailed and in-depth analysis than what you'd find in the Tribune or Sun-Times. It's amazing how many people claim to know best what happens in these parts without ever actually setting foot here.
If you like what you see, let us know. If you hate what you see, comment constructively - this is a work in progress. We look forward to your feedback, and at the very least hope you think a little differently about "urban schools" than you did before you read this blog.
Kurt Hilgendorf
On behalf of the AcaDec Collective
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment