Tuesday, February 10, 2009

LOL.... Laugh Simpe Things Off

LOL... Life Throws Unexpected, but, I’ll Live and Laugh It Off

Well, life is a game in which change is inevitable, and trial is served to us gourmet. Life is a Rubik’s cube, and we have to slide into position after position to ensure that at the end of this “puzzle” all of our colors are in perfect alignment. But there are times in which we have two squares that are off and we get to the point that we want to throw the cube on the floor, or give up. The same can be said with life. There are times where people want to “throw our cubes” on the floor or times where we want to give up.
Personally with me, I feel that the most unexpected thing for me is the rejection. The rejection that I receive and feel on behalf of a lot of things make me the person that I am. For instance, there are students in John Hope College Preparatory who do not like me (accept me), and reject me because I am fun loving, and I have a strong sense of humor. I have learned that not everyone wants to have a happy day and not everyone wants to be cheered up. But with me being Demitria, I have learned to laugh that off and keep my positive spirit active.
Another main factor that is not necessarily personal because a lot of people have this problem is: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender (LGBT) “issues.” Not a lot of people are accepting to what they know nothing about, and so most people are apt to shun others out because of unimportant and minor differences. The neglect in general happens at school, but not really at my school, because a lot of my school is “out in the open” or “closet” LGBT’s. But one of the factors that are terrible is that at my school people try to make being an LGBT a competition. It isn’t about being yourself anymore, it’s as though people do this as a passing fad, to see what fame they will get and how many people they can “bring down” with them. Again all I can do is laugh things off, because no one expects to be unaccepted, and shunned out.
The moral of my blog is that sometimes what you do or what you say may not be okay in the eyes of another, but all you can do is laugh it off. Because at the end of the day you’re not going to change and people will always think their own thoughts about a situation. So stay you but laugh stupid things off and say “LOL... Life Throws Unexpected, but, I’ll Live and Laugh It Off.!

No comments:

Post a Comment