Fertile Generation
Teen Pregnancy is a subject that is on the lips of almost everyone in America. From Brittney Spears’ little sister, to females that live in my neighborhood and ones that attend the same school as I do, it seems that now-a-days everyone is getting pregnant. As a seventeen year old virgin attending a Chicago Public School, this is a scary subject for me. It personally makes me afraid to have sex. It also makes me wonder if this out break of teen pregnancy was intentional. It makes me wonder are all these females having babies to fill some void in their lives. Each day I observe that at least two females in every class that I attend are or have been pregnant. Please don’t misunderstand me; I’m not attacking pregnant teens. My mother was a pregnant teen and I do not feel that there is anything wrong with it as long as the teenager is mentally ready for a child. However, this huge out break of teenage females getting pregnant in my generation makes me wonder if its fate or simply the effects of a generation of reckless sexual behavior. It has become extremely easy for teenagers to get away and have sex. I have had multiple conversations with sexually active female friends of mine and at least five out of ten of them admit to having unprotected sex with their boyfriends at least twice. Each of them saying that raw sex feels so much better than safe sex. Two out of the five were pregnant. One of them decided to keep hers saying, and I quote, “I did it, he and I were having sex without ever using condoms so why kill the baby? We knew what we were doing.” The other young lady aborted hers after deciding with the help of the baby’s father that now was not the right time for a baby. Personally I respect young women that take responsibility for their actions and keep their baby. However each person is different and decides to do different things. With that being said I propose this question; are we living in a world of pure sexual recklessness or were we born in a fertile generation?
Teen Pregnancy is a subject that is on the lips of almost everyone in America. From Brittney Spears’ little sister, to females that live in my neighborhood and ones that attend the same school as I do, it seems that now-a-days everyone is getting pregnant. As a seventeen year old virgin attending a Chicago Public School, this is a scary subject for me. It personally makes me afraid to have sex. It also makes me wonder if this out break of teen pregnancy was intentional. It makes me wonder are all these females having babies to fill some void in their lives. Each day I observe that at least two females in every class that I attend are or have been pregnant. Please don’t misunderstand me; I’m not attacking pregnant teens. My mother was a pregnant teen and I do not feel that there is anything wrong with it as long as the teenager is mentally ready for a child. However, this huge out break of teenage females getting pregnant in my generation makes me wonder if its fate or simply the effects of a generation of reckless sexual behavior. It has become extremely easy for teenagers to get away and have sex. I have had multiple conversations with sexually active female friends of mine and at least five out of ten of them admit to having unprotected sex with their boyfriends at least twice. Each of them saying that raw sex feels so much better than safe sex. Two out of the five were pregnant. One of them decided to keep hers saying, and I quote, “I did it, he and I were having sex without ever using condoms so why kill the baby? We knew what we were doing.” The other young lady aborted hers after deciding with the help of the baby’s father that now was not the right time for a baby. Personally I respect young women that take responsibility for their actions and keep their baby. However each person is different and decides to do different things. With that being said I propose this question; are we living in a world of pure sexual recklessness or were we born in a fertile generation?
No comments:
Post a Comment