Violence, What the …
Remember in the old days where when you got into a fight, you would make an appointment first. Everybody would stand around and watch while you handled your business with that person. And after the fight you would be scared to tell your mother because you knew she would beat your tail. Well things have come a long way down. It’s to the point where now if you see somebody fighting you just keep on walking by like nothing happened. No more appointments more like surprises, no more scrapes and bruises more like hospital beds and death. Should a person be scared to go to security personnel when now even they are engaging in the fights? Schools seem more affected than any other location in a city or town. I attend a Chicago Public School and in one week we have had Two (2) riots and our school has been on lockdown because of it. So do we now have to be considered inmates because we don’t have the self control needed to be on the outside world?
I don’t think this has to do with being black or even living in the ghetto because not all of us live in the ghetto. Self control has everything to do with it. If we act how they, and I mean that loosely, want us to act then our schools will continue to have nothing. We would continue to have the worst of the worst and in reality we would only have our self to blame. Now back on topic, the fighting needs to stop. People just can’t walk away for nothing anymore. If I stayed and fought all the people I got into it with I probably wouldn’t rank number one from missing so much school because of suspension or I wouldn’t even care about the affect violence has had on us, the society.
I don’t want to give a sob story or even sing we shall over come, but I do want to say stop messing up our neighborhoods and giving people a reason to stereotype others. Yes there will be altercations even some fist thrown, but never should a child watch their mother or father being beat and think hey maybe I’m supposed to do that because that shouldn’t be the world we live in.
CAN’T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG? LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment